This statement covers the services provided by the Mia Stanza website.
The purpose of this statement is to inform users of the Mia Stanza website, about what information is collected about them when they visit this site, how this information is used, if it is disclosed and the ways in which we protect users’ privacy.
Types of data we collect
Your privacy is important to us, which is why we will never release your personal details to any other company for their mailing or marketing purposes. We treat all of your personal information as confidential and keep it on a secure server.
What are cookies? Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit.
Website visitor tracking
This website uses tracking software to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. The software will save a cookie to your computers hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
Manage your cookies
You can manage these small files and learn more about them from the article, Internet Browser cookies – what they are and how to manage them
Learn how to remove cookies set on your device
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our website, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your machine as well as more general information about cookies.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website.
If you wish to view your cookie code, just click on a cookie to open it. You’ll see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the server that gave you the cookie.
For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
When someone visits www.miastanza.co.uk we use a third party service, google analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We no not make and do not allow Google to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for our monthly e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email comments and questions
If you email an enquiry to us we will use the information you give to us to provide the service you have requested and for no other reason.
Who do we share your information with?
Occasionally we will need to share your information with other people and organisations. We will only do this when we have a legitimate legal basis for doing so and in compliance with our obligations under data protection laws.
Your information may be disclosed to other organisations/individuals in the circumstances set out below:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We use other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service . Such providers will have access to personal information about you needed to perform those functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information is generally one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in this Privacy Notice. Also, in the unlikely event that Mia Stanza Limited, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Mia Stanza Limited and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Mia Stanza Limited, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations such as the Police, credit reference agencies, professional or regulatory bodies, debt collection and tracing agents for fraud protection, credit referencing and credit risk reduction.
- Where we are legally obliged to do so, e.g. to comply with a court order
- To our professional advisers for example our lawyers or accountants when they need it to give us their professional advice
- To other suppliers where you have shown an interest in their products
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Nick Lightowler at email@example.com